Why Manifesting Actually Works and How to Get Started
In WeCrashed, Rebekah was a believer in the power of manifestation. She knew that she and her husband Adam could manifest anything they wanted, and boy, they did, before crashing, obviously. Their so-called ‘crash’ was however more due to their over-the-top egos, than their use of manifestation.
I’ve always been a believer in the power of manifestation. I genuinely believe it is the reason for most of my professional success, as well as for most of my happy and adventurous life thus far. I manifested a job in Paris when I was 21, a higher salary, true and genuine love, wonderful friendships, and countless other things.
It’s okay if you don’t believe in it, my husband doesn’t either. I’ve tried tirelessly to get him to see my vision, yet he insists he’s a ‘realist’. In my opinion, being a realist and believing in manifestation are not mutually exclusive and you’ll soon understand why.
So what does it actually mean to ‘manifest’ something? Manifesting is the act of visualizing and enacting your desires in the physical world.
While it may seem like something only new-agey people engage in, manifesting is actually a practice that has been used for centuries. It’s based on the principle that like attracts like.
In this post, I’ll share tips on how to get started (I dare you!) and explain why manifesting actually works.
What Is Manifesting?
So, what is manifesting, exactly?
Manifesting is basically the process of creating something in your life by visualizing it and focusing on it. You’re essentially putting your desire out into the universe and asking for it to be delivered to you.
Does Manifestation Really Work?
Yes, manifesting actually works. I’ve experienced it firsthand and continue to do so daily.
It’s based on the principle of attraction, which states that like attracts like. When you focus on what you want – and believe that you can have it – you’re more likely to attract it into your life.
But of course, there’s more to manifestation than just hoping and wishing. To make it work, you need to take action and put in the effort. This is the part most people forget about. You can’t get anything you want if you don’t actually do anything about it!
How Can I Get Started With Manifesting?
So you’re convinced that manifesting actually works, or maybe simply curious and want to try it out? That’s great! But where do you start?
- First, get clear on what you want. Take some time to write down your goals and dreams, and be as specific as possible. This is your manifesting list, the list of all the things you want to achieve, both big and small. It can be anything from getting a new job to falling in love. Next, you need to get clear on what you want. Be specific and write down what your dream job would entail, or the exact characteristics you want in a romantic partner.
- Believe that you can have it, like really believe it with all your person. You need to have faith and trust that the universe will deliver what you desire. If you half believe it, it won’t work.
- Visualize what you want. Picture yourself having already achieved your goal, and feel the emotions associated with it. This is the core of the manifesting process. It involves focusing on your goals with positive thoughts and feelings, and visualizing yourself achieving them. Think about what your dream looks like, feels like, and smells like. You can also use affirmations to help program your subconscious mind with positive messages.
- Stay positive and optimistic. Keep your thoughts positive, and don’t let negative thoughts or doubts creep in. If they do, it’s okay, we’re human after all. But replace them immediately with a counter positive thought. Manifesting doesn’t happen overnight, so be consistent with your manifesting efforts and trust that eventually you will achieve your goals.
What Are Some Manifesting Tips and Tricks?
Here are some of my personal tips and tricks to get you started:
- Believe that it’s possible. This may seem like a no-brainer, but if you don’t believe that you can manifest your dreams, then you won’t be able to. It’s important to have faith and think positively about what you want to achieve.
- Make a vision board. A vision board is a great tool for visualizing your dreams and goals. It can help to keep you focused and motivated on what you’re working towards. I’ve previously posted a video about vision boards here: watch the video.
- Be clear about what you want. When manifesting, it’s important to be specific about what you want. Visualize it in as much detail as possible and write it down.
- Stay positive. This is key when it comes to manifesting your dreams! Be patient and don’t give up if things don’t happen right away. Remember that the universe works in mysterious ways and that good things take time. Sometimes things won’t be linear, and it’ll all be for a reason.
- Take action. Don’t just sit around waiting for your dreams to magically come true – take action towards making them a reality! This is a big one. You must have small steps you take continuously towards your goals. Sitting in bed dreaming of your goals won’t make them happen. A lot of people forget this step.
What Are the Benefits of Manifesting?
There are a lot of reasons why manifesting can be so powerful. Here are just some of the things I’ve personally experienced in my life thanks to manifesting:
- You’ll be able to attract more of what you want into your life, including better relationships, more money, and improved health.
- You’ll feel more positive and optimistic, and you’ll be less likely to worry about things that are out of your control.
- Manifesting can help you connect with your intuition and inner guidance, which will help you make better decisions and live a happier life.
- You’ll start to see synchronicities and signs from the universe that indicate that you’re on the right track.
What Are Some Common Manifesting Mistakes?
There are a few common mistakes people make when trying to manifest their dreams. Here are a few of the most common ones I see all the time:
- Having unrealistic expectations. It’s important to remember that manifesting your dreams doesn’t happen overnight. It takes time and patience to see results. You also can’t manifest something completely random, like marrying Brad Pitt. Duh.
- Giving up too easily. If you don’t see results immediately, don’t give up! Keep practicing and stay positive.
- Trying to do it all yourself. Manifesting is a team effort! Ask for help from the universe and your friends and family members who support your dreams.
- Doubting yourself. One of the most important things you can do when manifesting is to believe in yourself and your dreams. Stay positive and have faith that everything will work out in the end.
The truth is, if you’re not manifesting what you want, there’s probably something getting in the way. It could be that you don’t really believe that manifesting works, or you don’t actually believe in the goal you want to achieve. I strongly believe you’re probably sabotaging yourself without realizing it.
So, what’s stopping you from manifesting your dreams?